Thursday, May 22, 2014

Terrible Treatment Of A Benefit Claimant With MH Issues By ATOS


A terrible story from ATOS Miracles.

An HORRENDOUS Atos interview today for this woman’s son with MH problems. Please share and refer any ideas and support back to us at ATOS Miracles so we can protect her anonimity but gets word back to her:

I posted yesterday that my son with anxiety & panic attacks was attending Atos interview today, you all gave me lots of advise & also my rights, I couldn’t tape it as I don’t have audio equipment & had short notice of the interview.

Well we had a really bad experience today she made me cry with her attitude towards mental heath & my son, firstly she refused me to speak on his behalf! She refused to look at notes I had written about his daily life! She refused to show me what she had written!

She was so rude…..she asked my son “What do you do all day stare at the wall?”Then when I said he also has anger issues…she asked” oh so you have a criminal record then?” ( he doesn’t have a criminal record by the way)

I have never been spoken to like this in my life! She said I’m ending the interview now! I said why? Please continue as we have travelled 30 miles to get here,she then said you’re not doing your selfs any favours with your responses! We had been in there at least 30 minutes answering questions,she told us to get out & she was not going to send the report.

My son then left very stressed & panicky,I stayed behind to ask her name & she wouldn’t tell me! She told me to get out! Security was even called to remove me….I’m 60 years old!! I then went to reception & got the number of Atos customer relations from the receptionist who was very helpful & even tears came to her eyes when she comforted me saying ” I also have a son the same as your son & he suffers from the same thing”.

When we got home I rang Atos she was full of apologies and said they would call me tomorrow from customer complaints. I will let you know the outcome…..please advise what you think will happen next as my son is so upset with the horrid experience that he says he will not attend another interview