DPAC Suffolk (Disabled People Against Cuts).
A day of peaceful protest at the DWP/ATOS Assessment Centre St Felix House, Silent Street, Ipswich, IP1 1TF. Monday 2nd June 2014 10am – 4pm.
This is Suffolk DPACs on-going campaign to high-light the coalition governments unfair & discriminatory treatment of Suffolk’s disabled people and their family’s.
We Demand the coalition government:
1. Scrap work capability Assessments of Sick & Disabled People.
2. Scrap PiP (Personal Independence Payments) & Restore Disability Living Allowance.
3. Restore The Independent Living Fund.
4. Stop Unjustified & Deliberate Sanctioning of Disabled & non-Disabled Claimants.
5. Scrap Bedroom tax.
6. Scrap unpaid work for benefit claimants – If work needs doing, people should be paid for doing it. (Forcing the unemployed to do UNPAID WORK takes away work and undermines wages).
The Coalition Government is trying to turn the clock back to Victorian attitudes & policies for disabled people by labelling us as welfare scroungers, whilst they do nothing to address the barriers we face.
( ’10,600′ sick/disabled people died while undergoing the WCA(work capability assessment) carried out by ATOS/DWP between January & November 2011.. After that the department for work and pensions STOPPED KEEPING COUNT).