Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Job seeker gets a shift at Subway but comes away without any dough

Student on the breadline wanted to earn a decent crust but Subway didn't pay him for his sarnie making efforts

Barmy: Subway didn't pay worker
Barmy: Subway didn't pay worker
A student has told how he worked a full day at Subway for no pay after applying for a job at the sandwich giant.

Matthew Parnell was taken on for a trial at the world’s largest fast-food firm, believing he would be monitored and offered a post. But the 17-year-old said he ended up working a shift about six weeks ago and never heard from bosses again. He added: “I was briefly told how to make a sandwich , then for the rest of the day I worked like anyone else there.

“The manager was hardly there so I can hardly see how I was being reviewed. I felt exploited.”

Read more...