Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cancer Patient's DWP Hell


Reblogged from I wish I was the person the DWP and ATOS say I am:

I had assumed that the word “Independent” also implied impartial and fair, though from my experience, it seems to be one government department covering up the deficiencies of another, even in the face of strong evidence to the contrary.  It is perhaps no wonder that the DWP can afford to be so incompetent when noone seems to be making them accountable in the slightest.

In the time that ICE have been investigating this complaint, my partner has had:-
  • Her bowels removed.
  • Surgery on Abscesses.
  • 11 hours of brain surgery.
All ordinarily life changing events but still she has no sense of justice from the hell the DWP put her through last year when she needs to be focussing on her recovery and preparation for further operations. Indeed, lying in hospital, diagnosed with a brain tumour in the same week as the initial report, she said “I am probably going to die here and still they won’t tell the truth”

Read more...