Saturday, August 24, 2013

Atos: Struggling through the bi-weekly gauntlet of humiliation


from the Facebook page “bedroom tax…think its unfair…join the fight here, 22nd August 2013:

“So, about a year ago, my father was denied incapacity benefit, based on an assessment by our friends at Atos.

My father scored 0 points. 
As I am sure you are aware, you require 15 points to be declared unfit for work. 
My father managed to take this decision to tribunal, and this week, we discovered that he has been awarded 24 points by the tribunal. 
My father has been struggling through the bi-weekly gauntlet of humiliation, that is jobseekers allowance for a year, trying to find work, that is not there, and which he would not be able to hold down, for one whole year because of the inherent conflict of interests involved in a private company being employed to assess the fitness of claiments on social security, while being paid for reducing the number of claimant(s).”